How to make Crispy chilli beef
About this recipe: My favourite one of the recipes is crispy chilli beef. Make this mouth watering Qatar recipes dish at your home instead of getting It from the takeaway with a few simple ingredients. Really easy and tastes great.
PREPARATION TIME: 25 MINS
Cook: 15 MINS
Ready in: 30 min
- 300g Beef (frying steak), thinly sliced into strips
- 2 ½ tbsp cornflour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Chinese five-spice powder 2tsp
- 110ml vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Red pepper 1 (thinly sliced)
- Red chilli 1 (thinly sliced)
- 3 spring onion, julienned, sliced, green and white parts separated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh ginger, cut into match sticks
- Fresh red chilli 1 (sliced)
- White wine vinegar 4tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Sweet chili sauce 2tbsp
- Combine the eggs, salt and corn flour in a large bowl then coat the beef strips evenly with it.
- Heat the oil in a work or large frying pan until hot.
- Add the beef and fry until golden and crisp
- Scoop out the beef and drain on kitchen paper.
- Pour away all but 1 tbsp oil.
- Add the pepper and half the chilli, the white ends of the spring onions, garlic and ginger to the pan.
- Stir-fry for 3 mins to soften, but don’t let the garlic and ginger burn.
- Mix the vinegar, soy, chilli sauce and ketchup in a jug with 2 tbsp water
- Then pour over the veb bubble for 2 mins
- Then add the beef back to the pan and toss well to coat.
- Serve if you like, scattered with remaining chilli and the green parts of the spring onions.