Indian Chicken Curry Recipe
Chicken Curry has always been my favorite. There are many different varieties of chicken curry available in India. If you want to make a traditional chicken curry, it will take a longer to make than some recipes, but it will taste totally different. Here is a traditional Indian recipe for Chicken curry. This recipe is fantastic when you have plans but want something quick and fulfilling to eat.
Turmeric : 2 (tablespoons)
Chilli powder : 1 ½ (tablespoons)
Garam masala : 1(tablespoons)
Cup curry masala paste : ¼ (cup)
Olive oil : 2 (tablespoons)
Onions : 2 (large, sliced)
Brown mustard seeds : 2 (tablespoons)
Cumin seeds : 1 (tablespoons)
Curry leaves : 8
Tomatoes : 2 (chopped)
- Mix together turmeric, chilli, garam masala and paste in a non-metallic bowl.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or a deep, wide saucepan set over medium high heat.
- Add the onions, sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Cook the seeds and curry leaves over medium heat until onion is golden brown.
- Add the chicken and marinade to pan an cook about 2 ½ minutes each side.
- Pour in stock, add tomato, and bring to boil